John The Babtist Thoughts

Hi again. It is interesting how Shammah was talking about John at the same time that Amy Carmichael thought of him. She brought out when John sent the disiples to Jesus to ask Him if He is the one or not? His response for them to go back and tell John what they have seen and heard. John must have been so encouraged.

Luke 7:22-23 Go your way, and tell John....

Before they got to the end of the mighty things they were to tell him, John's heart must have kindled with new hope: My Lord can do all that, He is doing all that, He is ominipotent. He is my loving Lord, and He is very near. He who is doing all these things will do great things for me. I shall soon be free- He who is opening the prison doors of death will open my prison door. Can you not hear him say it, or least feel him think it, as he listens to all the things His Lord can, and has done. And then instead of a promise and quick help, " Blessed is he, whoever shall not be offended with Me"- Matt 11:6 and that was all. But it was enough. John accepted the unexplained. And a light shone in the cell, and in that light he lived til his prison door was opened, and he stepped across its threshold into the Land of Light.

Uh, bummer I lost my own thought what I was thinking about this reading.
Except He has indeed opened some prison doors in my mind. It will come back but this reading was convicting and encouraging .
Convicting that so often I have gotten offended with My Lord.
Encouraged to know when we will not be offended but accept we will be free from our prison doors too. That's it for now.

Comments

  1. I have many memories of milestones where you've become freer and freer. And I look forward to many more. I love you, Kitra!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Been So Long

Paradise

Acceptance