Bike Riding

  Um bike riding. I have rode my bike before but in such a small amount since being an adult. While in my youth it was no big deal to ride my bike for even long distances or miles was no big deal. Age and complacency caught up with me as far as exercise like that. Yesterday, was a big day, I went to put in an application at Honey Dew which a thirty minute walk , got there put in an app, then walking further down the road to catch a bus to Kennedy Plaza . Walked from there to the Attorney General Office to get a BCI so I could fill out another application later. Then I walked back to Kennedy  Plaza to get on another bus to go back home. I got home, took off on my bike to head to put my application in at another place. Well, the map I used or lack of a road sign, not sure but I got lost. Nobody would help me find my way. That was sad, but in today's society it is hard to trust anybody at all so I don't blame them.

I then came up to an auto garage telling them I was lost, where I need to be , where I came from. They mapped it out and told me that sadly to say I was a long way off course. Wow, okay I got started again with a better idea of which way to go to my destination. Riding along and I was so hot, thirsty, legs burning, no money, felt at this one point of passing out and quitting then  the thought came about a group of our young friends called the Sea Hawks in boot camp training at Port Mercy. I started thinking for them not to quit or give up cause they at some point may regret and they can't get it back. At that point I believe God gave me mercy and grace that I finished to my destination. Got my app filled out, now I wait.

I got back home finally, did my math on distance and time and discovered that I rode 9.5 miles in three hours. I had one achy body. That is a big adventure in one day. Til next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Been So Long

Paradise

Acceptance