Thank God

Well, about a week and half ago I was beginning to feel I needed to change some things. When God gave Jim all that he gave us with all the passion he had, and with the Ingathering coming- His timing is always perfect even thou I don't see it. I wished that I could say that I don't have to get out there before seeing it. One of my idols That I had to see was MOVIES thru netflix. Very easy excess , plug earphones into my computer-so not to bother anybody. Steam a movie pretty freely from netflix. Got lazy, so lazy, every body goes to their rooms so another easy excuse to watch a movie. I also know that there was a movie that coming back up in conversation and before me on netflix, I avoided it , not cause it was bad but cause I knew I would be convicting- "Cross And The Switch Blade", I think is the name of it. I was not being with my friends, too lazy to walk ALL THE WAY down the hill and back up. So yes I was taking the easy way :(. It is one thing to occassionally watch a movie with your friends and do this with moderation but unfortunately I abused it. I felt I needed to delete my netflix account.I had a rough time giving that up , I kept thinking I just am not created enough to do things other than that. I just paid for the month too but I felt that when I did , I felt My Father smile.
Since then I have gotten time with friends, gotten things accomplished and things don't seem as mondane on a daily basis now. Had a blast with one of my friends lastnight that I would have missed if I was watching a movie. Thank God Our Father smites our hearts and desires us to come after HIm, Praise that He won't let us just stay in our Egypt ways.
I was reading today about this teacher teaching a driving class. Just before the day when they are about to take a test, the teacher asked each of them to name one safety rule. Well by time the teacher got to the last student, all the safety rules had been named- but the student answers and says "my father tells me that my actions speaks louder than words". The teacher was pleased and thumbed up his answer.In other words, we can study, know answers, be smart, and everything like that but if our actions do not please Our Father, what are we doing? Question for me.
I say all that if hearing something and I go yea, yea that is awesome and I have no change, to walk my words. I don't want to do that. I have not been writing lately, I did not have anything, but not cause my Father is not good, but cause I have not been going after Him. I feel like I have missed alot cause I have been caught up in things other than My Father's heart. Hope I have not been too wordy.
This is all for now. Thank God for friends. Thank God for friends that will step on our spiritual toes, and Thank God for restoration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Been So Long

Paradise

Acceptance