We Must War

You will understand the title shortly. Just remember I am not a writer, so bare with me. I must start with an outing us single ladies took our dear friend Simchah out to enjoy her before she gets married. She is honored greatly for many who she touches.
Well after everybody gives her their blessings, she in return labored and not feeling all the way well, blessed each one of us ( about 16 or 18) with a necklace, pouring out her heart on why she picked out the particular one for each one of us,who are we in Christ. It meant so much. Dry eyes did not exist as far as I could tell.
I mean we don't just believe in what happened on the cross, but He is real in changing us and showing who we are in Him, so we can be a service to Him. Little by little layers of the hurts, pains and desires unfold, but for who? Not just for me to be free, but to give back what He gives us, by giving to those who may need the same. That we may be free to hear and obey what He has for us.
Here it is, all the necklaces were made from shells from the ocean on one of her previous trips to the ocean, except mine.... she handed it to me .... and put her hand on me and told every body I am like a rock, like Peter, I am solid. Also she brought up the fact that Beauty from Ashes is me. I cried and thanked her.
Peter was one who denied Christ. Christ forgave him much. I will have to look at the story again. Anyway, tonight getting ready to lay down to bed, a thought came" maybe they just ran out of the shells and gave me a rock." With that thought- I am chuckling, cause one it is not true, two cause I do believe what my friend gave me was and is from my Father. I almost did not write the thought down, cause how can something so crucially and beautiful be thought against, and it was in my head.
Warring is not something we just find in the story books with creatures of animation but war exist everyday we live. The thought was not Christ but the opposer trying to take something so precious away from me. And for once I do not feel condemned for the thought but at a rest just knowing He is drawing me to Himself.
Belief and Unbelief war against one another. Thank you so much Father for loving, teaching, guiding, forgiving me.

Comments

  1. This is an AWESOME little post, Kitty. You were able to show the work required in fighting unbelief. I laughed when you wrote, "maybe they just ran out of the shells..." I would have gone to the same place! I think most ladies would...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Been So Long

Paradise

Acceptance