My Visit

I traveled with Asher and Gannah. I slept on their couch the night before since we were getting up and going by 4:30 a.m. I think. We got up and loaded in the car, got to Nashvlle. The weather was nice and couldn't be better. We parked the car in a parking area where it would stay til we got back.
We took a bus to the airport , got through all of the luggage drop off, securities and so forth, went pretty smooth, not too long of time periods to wait. Going there we had two flights and coming back was just one.
Anyway the flights went well , the securities went well, well the last one Asher had to have his bag searched cause of something they forgot. We all laughed and went on though.
When we got to the airport in Providence, Tami, Diego, Carlos Sr. and Carlos Jr. mom was there to pick me up. Then there was Mary and Elizabeth to pick Asher and Gannah up to take them to the hospital for Elizabeth's birth. Quite a delightful time seeing them. It was a really funny thought when Tami introduced me to Carlos I thought he looked really much older than I expected since I have never met her husband. Then I found out that Her husband had a dad named Carlos as well. I laughed and was relieved . God was so merciful, kind and gracious to let her marry into a sweet family.
They are Guatemalan. The mother was very sweet though not real talkative, Carlos has a younger brother, Chris, who is 16 years old that I gave the nickname of Hermit Crab while I was there, made him laugh. Also Carlos has a younger sister who is 18 years old. I can not remember the names but I will get them.
The first day , Tami and I went grocery shopping. Different stores entirely. Tami was trying to spoil me by getting me everything I liked. It went nice. The traffic and design of house sure are different than here. Everything goes up and stacked. Interesting. We hung out together, Cassie came over and we chatted.
The next day we went to Manhattan. Went to the Liberty, the weather was misty, there were longgggg lines to wait in, security to go thru, and bunches of people. We made it to the ferry and rode over to the liberty. Another longggg line, bunches of people and security. Though they ran us thru a air frisk of some sort, it tested us for chemicals. Then up 156 steps to the pedestal of liberty. Long way up there.
It had some pretty neat things up there, they had actual models of the liberty's feet and face, with the actual molds. Showed a video clip of the making of them and all. Then we left there.
Got back on the ferry. Went by Ellis Island then back to New York. We went to the Central Park, wow , very busy, lot's of people, traffic, horns and so forth.
I have never been there before so it was alot to take in. We went to the New York Times Square from there. Wow, wow, I think it is easier to adapt to tent, bus, or car dwelling. We had a good time thou. We had dinner at Sabarros ,pretty busy.
We finally made it home around 12:30 at night. We were tired.
I will write more later , the time snuck up on me. Over all the visit was much appreciated and delightful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Been So Long

Paradise

Acceptance